[wildfly-dev] allow-resource-service-restart=true

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Nov 8 07:10:30 EST 2016

A problem that you quickly run into however is that supporting the
allow-resource-service-restart is that in a number of cases restarting a
service will have the effect of restarting half of the application
server anyway.

As an example if you restart any new security services the chances are
high that you either trigger a restart of all management related
services or all application related services.

So sometimes you may want to go one step further and support real time
updates to the underlying services - however we don't really have a flag
an administrator can use to say if real time updates should be applied.
I would imaging some administrators benefit from being able to apply
management model only changes and coordinate when they actually take effect.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.