[wildfly-dev] using <xa-datasource> and <data-source> with same driver and other related questions

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Sat May 6 19:24:05 EDT 2017

> The xa-datasource-class attribute on a jdbc-driver=* management resource has
> no impact on any runtime service. The driver-xa-datasource-class-name
> attribute does.
>
> The handler for the jdbc-driver=*:add operation will store any value for
> xa-datasource-class in the resource’s in-memory management model, but it
> does not pass it into any runtime service, so it’s essentially cruft. The
> persister for the subsystem also does not persist the value, so if the
> server is reloaded/restarted after you add it, the value is lost.

OK, got it. So we'll just ignore the xa-datasource-class DMR attribute and only deal with driver-xa-datasource-class-name. That's the main answer I care about. Thanks.

> Note that the xa-data-source=* resource also has an attribute called
> xa-datasource-class. That’s a different thing.

Understood. As you noticed, the question I was asking was about jdbc-driver, not xa-datasource. I think we're all good with datasources.

Thanks,
John Mazz