[wildfly-dev] JBoss MSC Plans

Philippe Marschall kustos at gmx.net
Mon Jan 29 01:31:23 EST 2018

On 04.01.2018 14:56, Richard Opalka wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     I would like to outline a brief JBoss MSC Plans for Year 2018.
>
> Goals defined below address both:
>   * Cloud First Effort
>     - Reduce WildFly memory footprint

I would like to throw something in here, are there any plans to no
longer reference the JAR manifest? We use quite a few JARs that have
large manifests and because JBoss modules strongly references the
java.util.jar.Manifest instance that actually becomes noticeable.

Our JAR manifests are so large because they contain large OSGi headers.
We don't run OSGi, the JARs are simply OSGi capable.

Cheers
Philippe