[wildfly-dev] Healtchecking the Console using unit test

Claudio Miranda claudio at claudius.com.br
Wed Jul 18 14:03:01 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 5:42 AM, Romain Pelisse <belaran at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you think Curl is the better way to achieve that, I have no issue with
> it. I assume we can also use it to interact with the ReST API, right?

You can use curl to call operations or read resources, directly to the
management interface.

curl --digest -u admin:admin123@ -L -D -
http://localhost:9990/management --header "Content-Type:
application/json" -d
'{"operation":"test-connection-in-pool","address":[{"subsystem:
"datasources"},{"data-source":"ExampleDS"}]}'

curl --digest -u admin:admin123@ -L
'http://localhost:9990/management/deployment/kitchensink.war?operation=resource&include-runtime=true'

But if you want to test HAL itself, you can't do that with curl,
because HAL relies on several javascript libraries that curl doesn't
support (premises, fetch, etc.), there is also the CORS of the curl
client host to wildfly management interface.

--
  Claudio Miranda

claudio at claudius.com.br
http://www.claudius.com.br