[wildfly-dev] Patching generation facility broken with WildFly 13?

Guillaume Smet guillaume at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 6 08:13:08 EDT 2018

Hi,

For some time now, we build WildFly patches for Hibernate Validator.

With 11 and 12, everything was OK, but I just tried to upgrade to WildFly
13 and the patch-gen-maven-plugin fails with the following error in the
patchgen.log:
java.io.IOException: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException:
org.jboss.modules:main
    at
org.jboss.as.patching.generator.DistributionProcessor.process(DistributionProcessor.java:106)
    at
org.jboss.as.patching.generator.Distribution.create(Distribution.java:68)
    at
org.jboss.as.patching.generator.PatchGenerator.process(PatchGenerator.java:129)
    at
org.jboss.as.patching.generator.PatchGenerator.main(PatchGenerator.java:73)
Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.jboss.modules:main
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:1116)
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1472)
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1500)
    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:226)
    at
org.jboss.as.patching.generator.DistributionProcessor.process(DistributionProcessor.java:93)
    ... 3 more

My branch is here: https://github.com/gsmet/hibernate-validator/tree/HV-1622
. A simple mvn clean install fails with the above error. If you drop the
latest commit and go back to build WF 11 and 12, everything is fine.

I use the latest patch-gen-maven-plugin with the latest wildfly-core
(5.0.0.Final) so the latest wildfly-patching.

Note that we usually support 2 versions of WF so I would like to keep
supporting WF 12 too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--