[wildfly-dev] WFCORE-3932: Reactivating the model diff operation between 2 standalone instances

Emmanuel Hugonnet ehugonne at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 09:47:24 EDT 2018

Hello,

A while back we discussed the usage of Galleon to update a manually configured provisioned instance [1]. Now that Galleon is out I'd like to
bring the subject to the table again.

I 've written a proposal [2] to add the required operations to wildfly-core so that we could synchronize or export the model differences
between 2 standalone instances. I've further developed the idea by exporting those changes alongside the file system changes in a Galleon
feature-pack allowing the provisioning of the same instance without Galleon knowledge.

I'd like to get some feedback along that idea to try to have it in WF14.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

[1]: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2017-September/006073.html

[2]: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-proposals/pull/88