[wildfly-dev] JIRA: Proposal to make default assignee "Unassigned" for all areas

Andrig Miller anmiller at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 10:28:05 EDT 2018

This is the way it was a long time ago, and then we moved to default to the
component lead because so many issues were being left in the unassigned
state.

Perhaps the default assignment just makes thing "look" better, and doesn't
force triage to occur, or perhaps it does?

I think we just think about this a little more, since we made the change
because of such a mountain of issues being in the unassigned state.

Andy

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:20 AM, David Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com> wrote:

> This is something we've talked about before.  I think we should move
> forward on this for the WFLY and WFCORE projects.
>
> Ideally we'd also have a "responsible person" field which would be
> populated by the component lead by default.  But I don't think this is
> necessary as long as our component leads are triaging issues in their
> areas (which they should be).
>
> I think we should just do it.  WDYT?
>
> --
> - DML