[wildfly-dev] PR template check

Martin Stefanko mstefank at redhat.com
Sat May 19 10:50:02 EDT 2018

Hi Ken,

This looks like something we could use. What we really, really need is
> somethign to maintain (add, at least) a whitelist of users that PRs should
> auto run for & the ability to label a PR with OkToTest or something if the
> user isn't already in the whitelist.

If we decide to move the whitelist setup to this tool (and webhooks) I can
extend it to configure the list dynamically possibly through labels or
comments (something like /whitelist @user). The same applies to the
OkToTest mentions for individual PRs without whitelisting.

> Is this something you could add to this tool? Does the GH api allow
> configuration of checks to only run if the previous ones pass?

I am using webhooks that are invoked when the PR is changed in any way. The
status checks cannot be removed, otherwise I can update them as needed.

The tool in the repository is now also checking that the PR should contain
only one commit.

Thanks,
Martin Stefanko

Software Engineer