[wildfly-dev] wildfly-9.0.2.Final: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."app.ear".WeldStartService:

Matej Novotny manovotn at redhat.com
Tue May 29 06:06:02 EDT 2018

Hello,

while upgrading from AS 7.1 to WFLY 9, you updated Weld from 1.x to 2.x and I bet there was also major upgrade in Jersey.
You might want to check the migration notes of those two and then probably read up on jersey integration with CDI/Weld.

Weld changes don't seem to be causing this though.
If I were you I would try and identify the Jersey versions in both servers and go from there.

One last thing - note that you are basically upgrading from pre-historic version to outdated one (3y old); currently, there is WildFly 12 as the latest release.
As you will likely face many migration difficulties, it may be worth it to instead look into migration to latest WildFly right away.
Though I understand it may not be possible in your case for various reasons.

Regards
Matej