[wildfly-dev] Standalone EJB client configuration - maximumConnectedClusterNodes

Tomas Hofman thofman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 06:45:26 EST 2018

Hi,

there's a request to simplify jboss-ejb-client configuration:

   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEAP-15407

The issue specifically deals with setting "maximumConnectedClusterNodes", which
is not possible to set via wildfly-config.xml and neither via
jboss-ejb-client.properties.

(The old client accepted property
"remote.cluster.xxx.max-allowed-connected-nodes" in
jboss-ejb-client.properties, but it's not recognized by the current client.)

I pointed out in the ticket that setting maximumConnectedClusterNodes is
possible via programmatic API, like:

         EJBClientContext context = new EJBClientContext.Builder()
                 .setMaximumConnectedClusterNodes(5)
                 .addTransportProvider(new RemoteTransportProvider())
                 .build();
         EJBClientContext.getContextManager().setDefault(context);
         // lookup etc...

but Jorg considers that to be a workaround and thinks that "simple property
given to the InitialContext should be sufficient".

Now to the solutions:

1) I don't think that passing configuration properties directly to the
InitialContext is the way we want to support. At least I didn't see that
anywhere in current docs, and I didn't see any code (in ejb client) that would
provide for that. Correct?

2) I would like to fix current client to again support
"remote.cluster.xxx.max-allowed-connected-nodes" in jboss-ejb-client.properties.

3) Is it desirable to extend wildfly-config.xml schema to support more config
options?

Thanks!
--
Tomas Hofman