[wildfly-dev] JDBC Security Realm Enhancements

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Apr 5 05:44:52 EDT 2019

I have just submitted the following proposal to add a couple of small
enhancements to the JDBC SecurityRealm: -

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-proposals/pull/193

The proposal is predominantly to complete some paperwork for development
that has already taken place.

This brings two main changes: -
 1 - Where we load hashes and digests from a database we presently only
support base64 encoding, this enhancement adds support for hex encoding.
 2 - Adding support for storing passwords using modular crypt, this
supports a variety of password types and allows hashes, salts, and
iteration counts to be combined into a single field.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.