[wildfly-dev] Tyr - pull request format checker

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Apr 10 06:54:22 EDT 2019

As an open source project may be better to document somewhere visible to
the community.

>From the initial rules I would suggest drop the "NO JIRA REQUIRED" from
commit messages and PR titles, the commit messages and potentially the
titles end up in the history of the project and have no meaning outside of
the tool.

At the moment it looks like the template only covers WildFly so may need a
second template to cover WildFly Core.

I think from the perspective of the tool making it mandatory for each
commit in the PR to contain a Jira ID either with or without the brackets
is fine - unless you want to guarantee whitespace around the Jira ID maybe
the regular expression could be simplified to ignore the brackets.

Also I think it is reasonable for the tool to expect a link in each PR
which should also relate to the project the PR is against.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.