[wildfly-dev] WFCORE-3296

Philippe Marschall kustos at gmx.net
Mon Dec 2 01:36:22 EST 2019

Hello

We recently upgraded from WF 17 to WF 18 and stumbled over WFCORE-3296
which broke our application (we originally implemented WFLY-2345). Our
use case is the following: we set the port offset and then assign socket
bindings relative to the base port. Like this

<socket-binding-group port-offset="${jboss.socket.binding.port-offset:0}">
<socket-binding name="remoting" port="0"/>
<socket-binding name="management-http" port="1"/>
<socket-binding name="management-https" port="2" />
<socket-binding name="management-native" port="3"/>

In this scenario the meaning of 0 is add 0 to the port offset so the
final port is the base port. Currently we use the following work around
which breaks symmetry:

<socket-binding name="remoting"
port="${jboss.socket.binding.port-offset}" fixed-port="true"/>

We do not understand the motivation for the change. For us the meaning
of the port is relative to the port offset unless it is a fixed port. We
do not understand why 0 needs to be treated differently. It is our
understanding that if the wildcard port/indeterminate port/ephemeral
port 0 is desired then fixed-port should be set to true.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-3296
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-2345

Cheers
Philippe