[wildfly-dev] Updating the WildFly archetypes

Wolfgang Knauf wolfgang.knauf at gmx.de
Tue Feb 19 16:12:11 EST 2019

Hi,

the archetypes at https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-archetypes
  (e.g. "wildfly-javaee7-webapp-ear-blank-archetype") are for WildFly 8,
and when updating the WildFly version in pom.xmls, a lot of further
changes is required, see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-9703
(which is only part of the changes).

I am interested in creating new archetypes for WildFly 15. What do you
think?

My plan is to name them e.g.
"wildfly15-javaee8-webapp-ear-blank-archetype" and to create a new
archetype version each time a new WildFly major version is released.

If you are OK with this, I will struggle with my first steps in Git, and
I probably will ask some more or less dumb questions about details ;-).

Best regards

Wolfgang