[wildfly-dev] Jira components for MicroProfile

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 12:19:47 EST 2019

Right now I'll add MP OpenAPI and MP Fault Tolerance and I'll clean up the
caps in the descriptions..

If the consensus on the thread, with Darran getting a big vote, is that we
need MP JWT then I'll add it.

For now to be consistent I'll call them MP. I have no problem changing them
to use MicroProfile, but I'll let this thread discuss a bit longer on where
to put the furniture before I start moving it around. ;)

Re: a generic MicroProfile component, personally I find that kind of thing
confusing.  General purpose components become a crack where things get
lost, or at least slowed done waiting for someone to notice them and
reassign. We already have the 'Server' general bucket. I know there are
some general tasks we'll be dealing with over the next few quarters, but I
wonder for how long that will be a common thing. You can't later remove a
component without first removing it from all issues.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:56 AM Darran Lofthouse <darran.lofthouse at jboss.com>
wrote:

> Not sure if we need a MicroProfile JWT component, it is just another
> aspect of security maintained by the same team.
>
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 4:48 PM Radoslav Husar <rhusar at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Jira admins whoever you are,
>>
>> Out current Jira components for MicroProfile are a bit messy [1].
>>
>> 1) We are missing MicroProfile Jira components for OpenAPI, Fault
>> Tolerance, JWT, etc. These need to be added with corresponding owners.
>> 2) The existing components are unnecessarily abbreviated, please
>> rename "MP Config" and alike to "MicroProfile Config" to make them
>> easier to find.
>> 3) The existing component descriptions are a bit mangled, e.g.
>> "MIcroprofile" or "Microprofile".
>> 4) Do we need a "catchall" MicroProfile component for issues not
>> specific to any spec, e.g. [2], [3]?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Rado
>>
>> PS: As always, I am happy to do it if given admin access ;-)
>>
>> [1]
>> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/WFLY?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-page
>>
>> [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-12757
>>
>> [3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-12681