[wildfly-dev] LOGMGR-260

Philippe Marschall kustos at gmx.net
Wed Sep 25 11:54:56 EDT 2019

Hello

Sorry for pushing this but I wanted to ask if somebody could have a look
at LOGMGR-260 [1] and the corresponding PR [2].
We believe this affects everybody that runs WildFly on Java 9+ and uses
JMX over RMI (the default implementation). The bug causes all
java.util.logging.Loggers used by JDK modules to have Level.ALL. The log
messages won't be written but the guards will fail and the LogRecords
will get created.
We have are running a custom patch with the PR but we would like to see
this merged so that we can get rid of the patch.

  [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/LOGMGR-260
  [2] https://github.com/jboss-logging/jboss-logmanager/pull/277

Philippe