[wildfly-dev] WildFly 19.0.0.Beta2 is released; 19.0.x code branch created

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 18:11:30 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

Today we released a second beta for WildFly 19. You can get it from the
WildFly download page[1]. Compared to Beta1 this is primarily a bug fix
release; it's very close to what we would have released as WildFly 19 Final
if we weren't shooting to get in the MicroProfile 3.3 updates this month.
The details of the changes are in the release notes at [2].

As I noted a couple weeks ago[3], we've created a 19.0.x branch which we'll
use for the remaining work on WF 19. This means master is now open for
changes meant for WF 20. For anyone who wants to make a change for 19,
you'll need to send PRs against both the master and 19.0.x branches.

I expect we'll do another beta in two weeks when we hope to have the MP 3.3
work done, and then WF 19 Final would be released in early March.

[1] https://wildfly.org/downloads
[2]
https://issues.redhat.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313721&version=12344557
[3] https://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2020-January/007176.html