[wildfly-dev] Updating the wildfly.org site

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue May 26 08:36:14 EDT 2020

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:53 AM Kabir Khan <kkhan at redhat.com> wrote:

> It looks great! A few niggles from my POV:
> * The blog post summaries on the main page don't stand out to me as being
> a 'News' section

I'm not sure what you mean.

But for sure thanks, as your comment made me realize all the existing
'news' URLs which are linked to in many places will be broken with the
current site draft. So I filed
https://github.com/jbossorg/wildflysite/issues/34. Adela I think that's a
blocker problem.

> * Is the absence of the tweets section we have in the current
> https://wildfly.org intentional?

Yes.

1) AIUI generally tweets are meant to drive traffic to sites as opposed to
the opposite. This is a philosophical question where I have no strong
opinion. But,

2) The current tweets section doesn't actually work on a number of browser
combos. Doesn't work for me in most browsers I have; didn't work for James
Perkins in at least some. I'm not enthused about maintaining such a thing.

> Thanks,
>
> Kabir
>
> On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 20:46, Brian Stansberry <
> brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> You may recall that last year we advertised a likely refresh of the
>> https://wildfly.org site, and asked for input.  The rollout of that
>> refresh took a back burner for a while, but Adela Arreola and James Cobb
>> are working on it now and I'd like to move over soon.  So I encourage the
>> community to have a look and provide any feedback.  (Note there's no need
>> to provide feedback about the beta content being behind the live site;
>> that's being addressed.)
>>
>> The beta version of the revised site is at
>>
>> https://www.stage.jboss.org/wildflysite/
>>
>> If you'd like to report and issue, you can do so at
>>
>>  https://github.com/jbossorg/wildflysite/issues/new
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Brian

Red Hat