[wise-dev] [Wise Development] - Re: Kick off Wise 1.3 (perhaps 2.0...?) development

paolo antinori do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 17 08:16:03 EST 2013

paolo antinori [https://community.jboss.org/people/sonicaaaa] created the discussion

"Re: Kick off Wise 1.3 (perhaps 2.0...?) development"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/798073#798073

The reason while I introduced the url parameter is because, being a good testing tool it could be useful embed a direct link to a test in something like a generated test report or even directly in any integration/funcional document. It would be even more useful if it could be possible do embed directly the values that are tested, but I supposed there are many limitations to this.

The other context in which I'd like to plug the Wise framework is in jBPM.

If you look at these examples:

 http://mswiderski.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/service-task-with-web-service.html http://mswiderski.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/service-task-with-web-service.html

or

 http://duncandoyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/jbpm5-calling-webservices-from-your.html http://duncandoyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/jbpm5-calling-webservices-from-your.html

They describe a workflow to how to implement, manipulating directly CXF some WS Client that are then wrapped in a WorkItemHandler that is the mechanism that jBPM uses to implement the functionality of defining the details of a Task implementation that can then be used and configured in the design layer.

Duncan's example, in particular, is also trying to define a generic component that could abstract from the direct implementation.

In the next days I'll try to implement he's example with Wise and eventually try to understand if I'll be able to abstract ever more elements thanks to the dynamic nature of Wise to turn the component even more generic and easier to be plugged.

Not sure when I'll be able to work on all of this but it's definitely on my todo list!  ;)

Start a new discussion in Wise Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2049]