[wise-dev] [Wise Development] - Re: Kick off Wise 1.3 (perhaps 2.0...?) development

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 25 05:22:38 EST 2013

Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the discussion

"Re: Kick off Wise 1.3 (perhaps 2.0...?) development"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799334#799334

Hi again,
regarding the topic mentioned above, I've been spending some time last week(end) on cleaning up the tree view model we have in the webgui subproject and added the result into the core [1]. It's still very in flux, but you can already get how that could be used to invoke ws endpoints without having to parse the generated parameter types through reflection [2] or use Smooks [3]. The integration testcase I wrote at [4] provides an example of tree view usage against the same "complex" endpoint tested in [2].
You can see how one would basically be able to set request parameters pretty much as follows:

Element customerElement = new ElementBuilderImpl(client, true, true).buildTree(customerPar.getType(), customerPar.getName(), null, true);
customerElement.getChildByName("id").setValue("1234");
customerElement.getChildByName("name").getChildByName("firstName").setValue("Foo");
customerElement.getChildByName("name").getChildByName("lastName").setValue("Bar");
customerElement.getChildByName("name").getChildByName("middleName").setValue("The");

In next future I'll be going on cleaning the tree view and preparing a decent api for the builder, I'm targetting this stuff for 2.0.1 release. Any feedback is welcome ;-)

[1]  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/jboss/wise/tree/ http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/jboss/wise/tree/
[2]  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/complex/WiseIntegrationComplexTest.java http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/complex/WiseIntegrationComplexTest.java
[3]  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/smooks/WiseIntegrationSmooksTest.java http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/smooks/WiseIntegrationSmooksTest.java
[4]  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/tree/WiseIntegrationTreeTest.java http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/wise/core/trunk/integration-testsuite/common/src/test/java/org/jboss/wise/test/integration/tree/WiseIntegrationTreeTest.java

Start a new discussion in Wise Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2049]