[aerogear-dev] Auth-Token: how to ensure one token is used from only one device ?

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Sep 27 06:30:01 EDT 2012

Hey Bruno!

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
> Hi Matthias, this is our biggest concerns to M7, we had some discussions
> about it with PicketBox team to improve it. Currently the token relies on
> PicketBox sessions like this:
>
>  token = user.getSubject().getSession().getId().getId().toString();

yep saw the code in the Filter;

> Easy to break like you've did. My initial suggestion, is generate an
> application ID at first glance and create event or time based tokens.

Glad we already had some discussion about this (assuming that, base on
your email).

I raised another question on IRC (#picketbox), on when the
PicketBoxSession expires.
I asked b/c I cloud issue a GET request one hour my last activity,
using the same 'old' token

Greetings!
Matthias