[aerogear-dev] Client Paging Spec: 'where' parameter

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Jan 17 02:33:28 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Daniel Bevenius
<daniel.bevenius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading through the client side spec and it looks great!
>
> I was a litte confused about the 'where' property in the spec.
> I think this came from one of the earlier gists, where the example was
> passing a request query parameter named 'brand'. Now, there is nothing wrong
> in doing this, but it would be an implementation specific detail for the
> endpoint in question and nothing related to paging.

I think it came from this _early_ brainstorming thread:
http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Query-Paging-Brainstorm-td764.html

And Android/iOS went ahead and just implemented the "API", without an
existing server :)

> Perhaps we should remove this from the paging spec to avoid confusion?

+1

IMO the 'where' (or any other query param), is really up to the
endpoint (I mean it's specific to the impl details per app).