[aerogear-dev] Pagination Requirements Spec

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:47:02 EST 2013

>perhaps I don't get it - but... our backend uses the headers for the web
linking, AG-Limit etc, right?
Yeah, you are correct our backend is using headers for web linking and
total. We discussed [1] in the past the option to have the same information
in the body of the response instead of as HTTP headers, for example an
Object in a JSON response. The location of this information could then be
specified by the client to tell the server where it should place the
metadata.

>I think, it's OK to NOT send that limit/offset overhead to someone
>that knows about it already. That's what you are saying, right ?
Yep, so we would just return the 'AG-Total' in this case.

[1]
http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Paging-Demo-td1173.html