[aerogear-dev] Android PushConfig

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 14:37:51 EDT 2013

Good News everyone!  We have code which registers Android devices to
receive messages from pushee.
It is still very VERY limited, but code which will display a
notification when the app receives a message looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/secondsun/242063868b09db030331

One of the reservations I've heard is whether or not the PushConfig
object should only have the data sent to pushee in it and put other
configuration elsewhere or if it should be the generic push
configuration object and let AG pick out what it needs to send to pushee.

By unifying into a single config object we make the code simpler/more
approachable.  However if we slice it up a bit more finely we can
decouple pushee support from GCM if we want to have an AOSP flavor of
push messaging in the future.

wdyt?

PS and by pushee I mean aerogear-unified-push-server.