[aerogear-dev] Android: Eclipse issue with the "Push"

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Jun 21 06:10:09 EDT 2013

Hi,

I did a download of the latest Android SDK
(adt-bundle-mac-x86_64-20130522), and did follow our instructions here:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/blob/push/README.md

I did the maven-sdk-deployer etc, all good. the branch was compiling with
Maven. Great!

Now, with Eclipse, I did follow these instructions:
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/guides/GetStartedAndroidEclipse/

But once I finished these steps, I am getting compiler errors. For instance
on the Pipeline.java, I am getting these issues:

import android.app.Fragment;
import android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity;
import com.google.common.collect.HashMultimap;
import com.google.common.collect.Multimap;

While I think that the android.** related import issues are most likely
related to the fact that this is perhaps now wrong (2.3.3):
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/guides/img/android_eclipse_import_005.png

But the Google Collections are also not resolving.

I guess the "Import" in Eclipse is not really reflecting the description of
the guava dependency in the pom.xml file.

Besides the google collections, I also noticed that other classes (like "
com.google.android.gms.gcm.GoogleCloudMessaging") are not being resolved.

Is there a way that all these "required" dependencies are picked up
automatically, by the Eclipse IDE?   Or do I have to import all
dependencies, by hand ?

Thanks!
Matthias