[aerogear-dev] [Push Server] Admin UI

Apostolos Emmanouilidis aemmanou at redhat.com
Tue May 28 09:42:28 EDT 2013

In my opinion, adding a UI to send notification message will make the
Admin UI quite complex. If the users are able to send notification
messages from the UI they should also be able to receive the feedback
information from the Push Notification servers.

For example Apple mentions that "APNs has a feedback service that
maintains a per-application list of devices for which there were
failed-delivery attempts (that is, APNs was unable to deliver a push
notification to an application on a device). Periodically, the provider
should connect with the feedback service to see what devices have
persistent failures so that it can refrain from sending push
notifications to them."

This means that extra functionality will be required, like the
synchronization of the tokens. The "inactive" tokens should be removed
or marked as "token to be deleted" and let the admin user decide whether
they will be deleted or not.