[aerogear-dev] [Unified Push Server] Roles structure & password management

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 06:37:11 EST 2013

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:17:38 +0100
Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Sebastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry I don't get your example, why should destroyEverything() also have
> >  "simple" annotated?
> >

> yep - that endpoint would be never annotated w/ "simple";
>
> I think the problem if the annotation contains "incorrect" roles or not is
> not a problem on the UPS.
>
> It's more an issue w/ the underlying security framework:
> E.g. how can I specify that someone with the role "simple" NEVER is able to
> (deep in the stack) can call entityManger.delete();

There is no such think. Security framework would need to proxy EntityManager.
Such think does not exists in PL, although I admit it would be handy and not
that complicated to implement. The closest OSS solution I've found is
http://jpasecurity.sourceforge.net/. So the, only solution possible for now is
to @Secure DAO objects on CRUD level.