[aerogear-dev] Example MessageHandler with behavior similar to iOS

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 10:34:13 EDT 2013

On Fri 13 Sep 2013 09:30:47 AM EDT, Tadeas Kriz wrote:
> Hey,
>
> me again with another thing to share. On iOS, when the application is
> not in foreground, the system decides what to do with it. So I was
> thinking, that for Android, there might be some kind of example
> implementation of MessageHandler, that would behave similar to iOS.
>
> It might use the "sound", "alert" and maybe even the "badge" properties.

What if the message format is just a bunch of properties for a
notification builder and the handler tosses them into a notification
and pops it up for you?

My initial reaction is if a developer is only targetting Android we
probably shouldn't encourage them to use iOS terminology.

I like the idea this for a blog post / tutorial post instead of putting
it in the default project.