[aerogear-dev] UPS UX updates

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Apr 8 10:49:13 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Hylke Bons <hbons at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 27/03/2014 14:00, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>

>  great! I'd don't see a huge problem here in pagination of the variatns;
> I doubt that one PushApp has a gazillion different variants
>

> I don't think it will be a problem either. When variants are going into
> the bazillion numbers there will be many other problems in managing apart
> from pagination. Managing them will practically become impossible.
>

>>   The Code Snippets : Yeah A button/link would be needed
>>

>>  This are the "What's this for?" links. We might want to reconsider the
>> name for that.
>>

>  Now, I open the details of a variant (by clicking on it), and I see the
> LINK
>
>  Clicking on it will give me a "popup" with the different code-snippet
> (note: we need Cordova + native), per variant, right ?
>

>>>  - Sidebar: is that specific to an application? See notes on
>>> "applications.png"
>>> - The "Notifications" on the sidebar, what's that?
>>> - What's the "gear-wheel" for ?
>>>

>>  The gear menu will have contextual actions like "Rename" and "Delete".
>> It's less cluttered than having them as links or icons on every row.
>>

>  ah!!!  Took a bit to realize that :-)
>

>>>  * "dialogs.png"
>>> - For an application construct, that's good enough; Creating a variant
>>> is a bit more complex (see current UI)
>>>  - Is there no side bar for this?
>>>

>>  I assume that for delete app/variant or reset id/secrets we will use
>> the same dialogs
>>

>>>  * installations.png
>>>  - Is there no side bar for this?
>>>  - If I understand the view/page correctly, its a list of ALL
>>> installations for one PushApplication. However, we should list the variants
>>> PER variant (see current UI).  The Navigation path on the bread-crumbs
>>> would be "Applications >> Mobile HR >> Demo (iOS) >> Installations
>>> (number)"
>>>
>> +1 but I think that was also Hylke's initial idea  because on the
>> application details screen you see that the link to installations is on the
>>  "variant" level. I think it was just a glitch in his bread-crumbs.
>>

>>  I wasn't too sure about what we could do here. In some cases it's good
>> to have installations per variant, in others you want to see them per
>> application.
>>

>      for now, I think, let's list them only per variant - feels (for me)
> a bit more clean
>
>    I'm fine with that.
>

>  Thanks for the reply. I hope we are now all on the same page.
>
>  Oh, any chance to get a bit rid of that blue; replacing by a different
> colour ? :-))
>

> This is the blue from patternfly.org, but we can discuss different
> options. What about yellow and black stripes? :P

besides the black/yellow ;-) I think we all agreed on this design, right ?

Just wondering what's the state of this. For me feels like: yeah, and all
questions/suggestion were answered, and we seems to agree on the mentioned
items. At least I get that impression after re-reading this thread, 12 days
later :)

So, yeah +1 the outcome of this thread;