[aerogear-dev] AeroGear January sync release postponed

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Jan 20 02:51:07 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Jay Balunas <jbalunas at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We've been making a lot of progress on sync, but as many of you likely
> already know it is not ready for a full focused release. Much like
> encryption, sync is a significant feature and is still in active R&D and
> likely needs multiple iterations given its complexity.  Its much better to
> let this mature organically that force it out the door before its out of
> diapers :-)

yeah, makes sense; Let's not rush on a specific release date, while R&D is
actively going on.

> So with that said, I propose postponing the planned January umbrella
> release.

+1 on postponing to a later point. If ready by April, should be fine as
well (my opinion). Bruno had a good point, that the postponed release
should not stop us from releasing (unstable) snapshots for testing reasons.
I like that: Release often, release early.

> I think we should revisit our roadmaps and plans during this time, before
> trying to set new release dates.  While we do this we should make sure to
> add in time for updates to docs, examples, getting started items, site,
> cookbooks, etc...

good point as well, it needs to have a 'good' user experience and should be
easy to get started with

-Matthias