[aerogear-dev] REST Installation Registration - Authentication problem

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Mar 26 11:41:07 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:22 PM, A577127 <antoine.matyja at worldline.com>wrote:

> Thanks again for the quick answer, now I'm more familiar with variants :)
>
> So I managed to register my app and got and ID in the HTTP answer :
>

> Now I would like to send a push notification to my device. I'm sending
> another POST request (as stated in the tutorial) with this time the app
> ID/master secret for authorization.

yes - or the new "Compose a push" UI (assuming you are using 0.10.1)

There is a link on the "PushApplication" details page

> I get a HTTP 200 code with "Job submitted", but nothing happens on my
> device
> (note that I receive push notifications from my custom java server so the
> device isn't the problem).

that just means the server got the request - that does not actually mean it
was really going
from UPS -> Google -> device; There are no SLAs on that (Google/Apple do
NOT guarantee delivery)

> I also get this in my JBoss console :
>

> Everything seems ok...
>
> By the way, I must use a proxy server to browse the internet but didn't
> find
> any settings on the JBoss server to set it.

Ok, we do not yet have support for proxy server, on the UPS. It's tracked
on a JIRA:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-306

One thing you could try - is getting a free account on OpenShift:
https://www.openshift.com/