[aerogear-dev] UPS admin-ui distribution compiled by frontend-maven-plugin

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu May 29 09:00:09 EDT 2014

Good morning, I have some n00b questions. What happens with web
developer or node developers who don't care about Maven? Is still
possible to make use of pure node to build admin-ui?

Speaking about the downsides:

I think this might be a concern, if is necessary to fix something at each Node
upgrade.

> * he had some issues himself to get it work, especially during Node
upgrades
> * stability of the build can be questionable

I'm not sure about the negative influence if is possible to choose. Could you
please elaborate?

> * it can negatively influence developers that are not aware of Node
tooling

My latest question is: do we really need this? why?

On 2014-05-29, Lukáš Fryč wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> we would like to evaluate "frontend-maven-plugin" [1] that could be used as
> a mean to compile admin-ui distribution files into ag-push.war webapp
> during Maven build time
>
> This way we would enable people not familiar with node/npm/bower/grunt
> tooling to compile latest and greatest,
>
> and additionally avoid a need to compile and save into git repository.
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-672
>
> Note1: web developer will still leverage Node tooling
>
> Note2: this is post UPS 0.11.0 thing! ;-)
>

> As pointed out in the JIRA, this may have its downsides,
>
> so if anyone has some concerns please speak up now. :-)
>

> Cheers,
>
> ~ Lukas
>
> [1] https://github.com/eirslett/frontend-maven-plugin

abstractj