[aerogear-dev] UPS server configuration interface?

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Nov 19 05:07:42 EST 2014

Morning my friend, I added a description with some simple rules at
AGPUSH-1111. Quoting here for discussion:

To decouple UPS from Keycloak in separated servers a configuration
interface must be built to generate the appropriate JSON file on the
fly, during the configuration.

Some rules must be respected:

- First time configuration

If the configuration is the first time, just prompt user with the
configuration interface built buy Andres Galante.

- After the URL configuration

If the configuration was already provided and the admin must change it,
he must be logged in to change. Otherwise, change to other Keycloak
server won't be allowed

Does it make any sense for you?

On 2014-11-19, Lukáš Fryč wrote:
> One more question to configuration screen (as I'm not aware it was
> discussed yet),
>
> do we allow users to reconfigure Keycloak instance once it is already in
> use via the configuration screen?
>
> This would be handy if someone installs UPS with defaults and later decides
> to use standalone Keycloak.
>

> This would make the things messy /wrt evidence of who created what
> application, but maybe a warning that this information will be lost should
> be okay?
>

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>
> > Help is always welcome. Feel free to create sub-tasks here: AGPUSH-1047
> >
> > Thank you Lukas.
> >
> > On 2014-11-18, Lukáš Fryč wrote:
> > > This seems that makes for pretty good User Experience...
> > >
> > > What about "Built-in" Keycloak instead of Default?
> > > I guess "Keycloak URL" will disappear when "Built-in" is chosen, right?
> > >
> > > Let me know, Brno, if you would appreciate help with prototyping that UI.

> > file
> > the

> > the

> > https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/db7639566e75f01a8cc79ff18f22daa61cc9cb30#diff-b8df82f22499b0118c37e0e363c4342aR80