[aerogear-dev] AGPUSH-1047 - Heads up

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Nov 27 12:52:06 EST 2014

Good morning my friends, decouple AeroGear from Keycloak was easy[1], we
did that last week. This week I'm struggling with auth server url which
must be dinamically replaced[2], for this reason I started a discusson
on keycloak-dev mailing list[3].

Based on the discussion there, I started some changes[4], moved most of
configuration be programatically[5] and make use of placeholders, as
well move our client-side configuration[6]. Altough I'm getting an annoying exception[7]
and already reported to KC team (certainly something missing).

Some of the possible alternatives to KC placeholders:

1. During the configuration wizard, generate the JSON file and store in
some place. The problem is: Keycloak.js must be able to retrieve this
resource, otherwise, won't happen.

2. Allow people to upload their own configuration files to the server,
which requires to manually change it (I don't like it, but works).

If you're feeling bored and want to try my branch:

1. docker run -it -p 8080:8080 -p 9090:9090 jboss/keycloak
2. Login at http://dockerip:8080/auth
3. Add a real and upload ups-realm.json
4. git clone git at github.com:abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server.git &&
switch to strawman branch
5. mvn clean install
6. Deploy ag-push to WildFly
7. Try it (an exception is expected like I mentioned)

I have switch to another task at the moment, and wanted to give to you a
heads up, just in case you want to try/help.

[1] - https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/e8fc8461fea69801cc495127a88aff05a55c68cd
[2] - https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/e8fc8461fea69801cc495127a88aff05a55c68cd#diff-f2f2799554171f7ce321785716b71244R3
[3] - http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-dev/2014-November/003096.html
[4] - https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/d5298d613a6bbb80d2c72b8514f353270c59cc76