[aerogear-dev] Using existing Keycloak installation with Aerogear

Egor Kolesnikov egor.kolesnikov at fastlane-it.com
Mon Oct 13 09:40:37 EDT 2014

Hi Matthias

That’s correct – we are already using Keycloak to secure our RESTful APIs for mobile and web client access. Not that having separate installation for exclusive Aerogear is a dealbreaker, but it would re-introduce the problem Keycloak was supposed to solve in the first place :)

I can see that UpsSecurityApplication class kills off Keycloak admin user in master realm – would it break anything if I disabled this feature and started using Aerogear-supplied Keycloak for other purposes on separate realms?

Our use case is mobile app (iOS+android), backend and AngularJS-based web frontend and so far Keycloak fits our purpose like a glove. Now that we’re adding Push notification support, Aerogear appears to be quite logical choice.

Thanks

Egor