[aerogear-dev] native ui

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 03:47:54 EST 2015

Hi,

My idea having a native UI, but all logic in javascript has to have a name so let’s call it hybrid Cordova.

I experimented a bit yesterday with the idea and it seems very feasible. On the Cordova home page they have already a guide how to include the Cordova web view on a native project, with that creating a interface to be able to call javascript is almost to easy.

What I have now is a native (android) button that calls a javascript function. It uses a plugin to call the javascript and offers a static method for the execution.

So to take this to the next level, I think we need a bit of a javascript api to do page navigation. And have a bit of a Java Api to initialise the WebView and specify the name of the script to load. Or just pickup all scripts in a assets directory.

WDYT, is it worth exploring further?

Cheers,
	Erik Jan