[aerogear-dev] native ui

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 04:24:03 EST 2015

> On 20 Jan 2015, at 09:47, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My idea having a native UI, but all logic in javascript has to have a name so let’s call it hybrid Cordova.
>
> I experimented a bit yesterday with the idea and it seems very feasible. On the Cordova home page they have already a guide how to include the Cordova web view on a native project, with that creating a interface to be able to call javascript is almost to easy.

some links:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/guide_hybrid_webviews_index.md.html#Embedding%20WebViews
an interesting blog post on iOS/Codova embedded webview:
http://devgirl.org/2014/07/22/mixing-cordova-phonegap-components-with-nativ/

> What I have now is a native (android) button that calls a javascript function. It uses a plugin to call the javascript and offers a static method for the execution.

mind to share a demo repo?

> So to take this to the next level, I think we need a bit of a javascript api to do page navigation. And have a bit of a Java Api to initialise the WebView and specify the name of the script to load. Or just pickup all scripts in a assets directory.
>
> WDYT, is it worth exploring further?

yeap, not sure yet what the js api need to look like but this could be useful for a form-based cordova screen you’d like to integrate with a more complex native apps.
we can deal with navigation and data storage.
to be investigated further.