[aerogear-dev] Low activity on the mailing list?

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Oct 21 16:33:51 EDT 2015

Hello Vivek,

thanks for reaching out to us, I hope things are going well with your team
and the AeroGear bits you're using!

You are right, there is less of activity on this mailing list. But that
does not mean that we are no longer working on AeroGear :-) Actually, I am
happy to say that we are currently working on getting our UnifiedPush
Server 1.1.0 out to the community (see today's mail on the dev list). We
also have plans to continue our roadmaps w/ releases like 1.2.0 and
afterwards ([1]).

However, the main reason for a bit of less activity is that after the
FeedHenry acquisition the AeroGear team is now part of the larger "Mobile
team", at Red Hat. We all are working very hard on getting our "Red Hat
Mobile Application Platform" out! Our core expertise is now also
contributing to this larger Red Hat effort, and we are working on things
like mobile SDK improvements and as well as integrating the UnifiedPush
Server into the next release ([2]). The usage of the UPS on the Mobile
Application Platform is actually a boost for our push efforts!

For the future we also have plans to continue work on things like the "sync
project", and it's mobile SDKs.

If you have other questions, around all this, please continue to ask
questions here - we have nothing to hide. We are glad we have community
members like you that are reaching out. I hope this reply helps.

Cheers!
Matthias

[1]
https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Arelease-page