[aerogear-dev] iOS OAuth2 library PRs & future tasks

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:55:23 EDT 2016

On 23 June 2016 at 18:37, Michael Doo <michael at 410labs.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are three pending pull requests on the iOS OAuth2 project. They are
> as follows:
>
> #45 - Update to CocoaPods 1.0.1
> This makes the update from CP 0.39.0 to CP 1.0.1. The main changes are in
> the project file as well as the Podfile.
>
> #46 - Make the OAuth2Module webview public
> In the project I'm working on, we're using different logic to detect a
> redirect to the OAuth2 callback URL. To integrate this into the Aerogear
> library, we override the OAuth2Module's webview. This PR simply makes that
> part of the code public.

Both merged!
Thanks for your contribution.

> #49 - Update Travis CI to use latest CocoaPods
> The Travis build is still breaking (an error regarding the Aerogear Http
> library). Nonetheless, if the project is going to use CP 1.0.1, Travis CI
> needs to switch over as well. Not sure what to do about the consistent CI
> failures though...

I'm looking into this one... Travis can be quite a mystery from time to
time ;)

> Please let me know if there are any questions/concerns regarding these
> PRs.
>
> Some things on my to-do list that probably won't get done very soon, but
> likely in the next couple of months:
>
> * Beginning the conversion to Swift 2.3. This release of Swift is a sort
> of bridge between 2.2 and 3.0. However, the challenge here is that if the
> OAuth2 library is built with 2.3, all it's dependencies must also be in
> 2.3. I will probably do this work on a branch until such time that the
> dependencies catch up.

+1 for a swift2.3 branch
For the dependencies, we have AeroGearHttp (I can help on that one) and
OHHTTPStubs (for test pod only, this one already have a PR for swift2.3:
https://github.com/AliSoftware/OHHTTPStubs/pull/184). I like the idea of
having it compatible for both Swift 2.2/Xcode 7.3 and Swift 2.3/Xcode 8.

* Making the library iOS 10.0 / Xcode 8 ready. iOS 10 will most likely be
> released this fall and the OAuth2 library should support it. As part of
> this, the library will also need some changes to support Xcode 8 (Xcode 7.x
> won't build for an iOS 10 target). Again, this will probably be done on a
> separate branch until the library's dependencies also support iOS 10.

+1 for a separate branch

Thanks for your contributions, I'm looking forward seeing the next ones ;)