[aerogear-dev] GCM Device Token not accepted

cel heldner at glue.ch
Thu Mar 17 09:44:30 EDT 2016

The new device Token returned by the new GCM - API for Android (using
InstanceId.getToken  instead of gcm.register(context), which is deprecated)
is not accepted by the Aerogear server. The format of the
InstanceId.getToken is different.
Example:
Beginnning of gcm.register - Token :
APA91bGdSq3-OKaDV_pyvunTZpnD_LKb6OrxIk7...
Beginning of InstanceId.getToken : eArreQ7017w:APA91bFe5lTYzEoNSivfPYaID...
 So if I try to register with the InstanceId.getToken using the Restful
interface "/registry/device" the Http response of the aerogear server is:
"200 OK", but I still cannot find it in the installations. Consequently no
push notifications from aerogear can be sent to that device. Is this a Bug?
Has this been fixed in newer versions?