[aerogear-dev] GCM Device Token not accepted

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Mar 23 20:00:49 EDT 2016

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, but the mail got stuck in my moderation queue :-(

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:44 PM, cel <heldner at glue.ch> wrote:

> The new device Token returned by the new GCM - API for Android (using
> InstanceId.getToken  instead of gcm.register(context), which is deprecated)

For that we have a ticket, but weren't able to get to it:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID-427

> is not accepted by the Aerogear server. The format of the
> InstanceId.getToken is different.
> Example:
> Beginnning of gcm.register - Token :
> APA91bGdSq3-OKaDV_pyvunTZpnD_LKb6OrxIk7...
> Beginning of InstanceId.getToken : eArreQ7017w:APA91bFe5lTYzEoNSivfPYaID...
>  So if I try to register with the InstanceId.getToken using the Restful
> interface "/registry/device" the Http response of the aerogear server is:
> "200 OK", but I still cannot find it in the installations. Consequently no
> push notifications from aerogear can be sent to that device. Is this a Bug?
> Has this been fixed in newer versions?

yes, that's a bug - looks like the token format changed w/ InstanceId, and
our 'validator' needs to be updated.

Thanks for reporting, I have filed a JIRA and we will be looking at it:
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1600

-Matthias