[aerogear-dev] GSoC plan for WebPush

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue May 17 11:38:47 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Idel Pivnitskiy <idel.pivnitskiy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've come back from the little vocation and ready for the work on my GSoC
> project.
>
> What will be our plan?
> I may work according to my proposal: the first steps will be the adding
> WebPush support for Chrome and Firefox directly to UPS (through Google
> Cloud Messaging and Mozilla Push Service).

I like that, but

> Another way: I may begin my work from WebPush Server.

Does it make sense starting with more focused examples? Showing
Chrome/Firefox receiving message via the WebPush APIs from the standalone
WebPush Server ?

At the end of the day, UPS is just another 'driver', triggering the push ?

Oh, I think we can also remove the SimplePush from the master branch of
UPS, while on this project, no ?