[aerogear-dev] Publish new release of digger-java client

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Aug 2 06:57:21 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Wei Li <weil at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi AeroGear community,
>
> We have been using the digger-java client module in our product for the
> last couple of months. At this point I think the API is stable enough and I
> think we should release them.
>
> However, because at some point during the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT version, we have
> introduced some broken changes (and our product is released using the
> version before the broken changes are made), we now need to do 2 releases;
>
> 1. Release 1.0.1 from this branch: https://github.com/
> wei-lee/digger-java/tree/fix-for-3-18-release. This is before the broken
> change is introduced.

we can release this, let's make a branch, with a more reasonable name,
available on upstream

> 2. From master (1.0.2).

ok

So, why do we need an old release? Not sure I really get that.

> Apologies in advance for the manually version change. Matthias does point
> it out that it is not the right way to do it.
>
> So, can we publish those releases? Sorry for the problem we have caused, I
> promise it won't be like this the next time....

there are no big problems. I'd suggest we simply continue to follow a
normal java release process, as discussed here and avoid manual bumps.

Also, it never hurts to release bits to the community very often (release
early, release often). This likely avoids issues like the above

-M