[aerogear-dev] Java 9 updates

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jan 23 05:01:04 EST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to get a POM/BOM that supports out java projects w/ JDK9
support. For that I've created a new branch:

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-parent/tree/java_9_prepwork

This branch uses a jboss-parent that bumps the versions to those maven
plugins that already did include java9 support (e.g.
maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0).

Since this is a major change, I've updated the version of the parent, on
that branch, to 2.0.0

For now, the master continues to support 'legacy' JDKs, such as Java8 -
once the branch is stable and we should merge the changes to master.

Projects that will require java8 support, like the Android (via the Android
bom), will continue using the 1.1.x stream of the parent and its BOMs, for
maintaince, there will be - at that time - a 1.1.x branch, for JDK8, stuff,
while the latest development (e.g. JDK9,10,11) will live on MASTER, once
they are stable enough ...

any thoughts ?

-Mattias

github: https://github.com/matzew