[Aerogear-users] Nodejs Proxying

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Apr 22 05:22:36 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Matthias Geisriegler <
Matthias.Geisriegler at reval.com> wrote:

>  Hi!
>

> I am interested in the nodejs solution of aerogear:

Do you mean the Node.js library ([1]) to send out push notifications to our
server? (the push server itself is written in java - there is no node.js
version of the server)

> However, I am forced to use a proxy – is it possibly to configure proxy
> settings?

Not sure, but I think would be possible to implement a proxy config on the
Node.js sender, similar to what our java client has ([2]).

> I found it in the Java solution, but couldn't find anything for nodejs.
> Another question is, does anybody know if devices in a WiFi with proxy will
> ever receive GCM, APNS or WPS notifications? Or is this impossible.

Not sure, tbh - does the app store work behind the proxy? and do other apps
are able to receive push? If yes, it would work for us as well - because
our server is just a broker that hands of stuff to GCM/APNS/WPS for them to
deliver it to the devices.

-Matthias

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-nodejs-client
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-java-client