[Aerogear-users] Using Aerogear PushPlugin with Phonegap Build

Fabio Turizo fabio.turizo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:55:59 EDT 2015

Well, i'm not exactly sure if i could pay them to put the plugin in the
platform. Looking at the site nothings comes up abput this.

For the moment i tried reading their documentation and Phonegap Build
supports 3rd party plugins by specifying the source of the plugin as npm in
the config.xml declaration:

*<gap:plugin name="aerogear-cordova-push" source="npm" version="2.0.1"/>*

This works well as Phonegap Build detects this plugin when the application
is uploaded, but the build fails for both iOS and Android with this error:

Error - Plugin error (you probably need to remove plugin files from your
app): npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/aerogear-cordova-push/2.0.1
npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/aerogear-cordova-push/2.0.1 npm
http GET
https://registry.npmjs.org/aerogear-cordova-push/-/aerogear-cordova-push-2.0.1.tgz
npm http 200
https://registry.npmjs.org/aerogear-cordova-push/-/aerogear-cordova-push-2.0.1.tgz
Failed to install 'org.jboss.aerogear.cordova.push':Error: Expected plugin
to have ID "com.vladstirbu.cordova.promise" but got "es6-promise-plugin".
at checkID
(/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/plugman/fetch.js:164:15)
at
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/plugman/fetch.js:148:9
at _fulfilled
(/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/q/q.js:787:54) at
self.promiseDispatch.done
(/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/q/q.js:816:30) at
Promise.promise.promiseDispatch
(/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/q/q.js:749:13) at
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/q/q.js:557:44 at flush
(/usr/local/lib/node_modules/plugman-npm/node_modules/q/q.js:108:17) at
process._tickCallback (node.js:419:13) Expected plugin to have ID
"com.vladstirbu.cordova.promise" but got "es6-promise-plugin"

By looking in the npm repositories effectively i see that there is a
Promise plugin of ID *es6-promise-plugin *but it seems the dependency for
the plugin is declared as *com.vladstirbu.cordova.promise *so the build
fails.

Any idea is this could be fixed and how?