[Apiman-user] applications without plans?

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 09:57:37 EDT 2015

That's an imaginative use of apiman and it should work precisely as you
have described it.  You are right that if you use applications, then you
must also have at least one plan.  The API key is necessary in this
situation because the gateway will need to know which application is
calling the service (so that it can pick the right set of policies to
apply).

Your only other solution would be a custom authentication policy, which
would obviously allow you to do whatever you wanted.  In that scenario,
you will presumably still need to identify the application/organization
in some way.  For example, each application would need to identify
itself via a custom http header, or a query param, etc.

-Eric