[Apiman-user] duplicate response on Connetor timeout

Balu S sbalu27 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 05:34:02 EST 2017

Hello,
I have found that if the HTTPConnector times out without receiving the
response from the backend API, then somewhere down the line it generates 2
error responses and this is evident from the metrics as it show 2 failures
as supposed to 1 failure for the single request.

So there are 2 issues,
  - firstly the returned error response contains 2 error XMLs appended to
each other and sent to the browser and hence not a valid XML.
  - The metrics also shows as 2 failure response for single request.

​
I have been looking the sources but without the way to debug within running
application, it quite hard to follow the flow.

This can be easily simulated with setting very low timeouts (2 secs for ex)
in apiman.properties.

apiman-gateway.connector-factory.http.timeouts.read=2
apiman-gateway.connector-factory.http.timeouts.write=2

Could you please look at the issue and also If you could guide me how to
setup debugging environment, then I can try to fix that as well.

regards
Balu