[bv-dev] Validation.properties ResourceBundle and modularity

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Tue Sep 20 11:02:07 EDT 2011

Hello Experts,

I understand this may be off topic, but I am not sure how to best bring
this to your attention, so please excuse this email.

GlassFish uses JSR-303 for ensuring that its configuration information
is valid.  In the course of this usage, we ran into an apparent
shortcoming in the JSR-303 spec regarding ClassLoaders and the
Validation.properties ResourceBundle.  A succint writeup of the problem
is at [1] but in 140 characters or less, the problem is:

  In a MessageInterpolatorImpl, I need a reference to the .class to
  which the constraint is applied, *without using payload*.

In other words, can we make the default value of the payload attribute
be the .class to which the constraint is applied?

Thank you,

Ed

[1] http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/GlassFish+Bean+Validation+Error+Message+Internationalization