[bv-dev] Overriding constraints in inheritance hierarchies

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Mon Jan 2 16:43:20 EST 2012

One, albeit heavy-handed, way to approach this type of requirement
isimplemented by the code
athttp://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/bval/sandbox/bval-jsr303-dynamic/.
 This ValidationProvider provides a DynamicValidatorContext that canbe
customized using its #constrain(Class, Annotation)
and#constrain(Class, String, Annotation) methods.  The mechanism
forhandling Annotation parameters is extensible, so one potential use
ofthis functionality is the removal of existing constraints.  This
mightprovide enough surface area to fuel a discussion on this type
offunctionality for a future version of the spec.
Matt